Drop!! ~A Tale of the Fragrance Princess~
Short summary of the premise
妹A noble girl is born between an estranged couple, for the sole purpose of getting into the young Prince’s good books. When she’s about three years old, she suddenly regains vague memories of a past life.
妹Naturally(lol) she’s destined to be an executed villainess and whatnot, so she vows to stay the fuck away from the Prince.
妹Also naturally, this leads to her father slapping her in the fucking face, but using her isekai wiles, she charms her ruthless and cold father into completely doting on her.
妹And so like that, instead of socialising with the Prince like all the other girls and boys her age, she continues to reject invitations to the palace and spends her time researching the magical properties of weeds and herbs and stuff.
Why you should translate it
- Despite some parts of it seemingly coming out of nowhere (for example, the whole magical weeds research stuff), the world is generally thought out pretty well.
- The strict father and her interactions with him are pretty interesting, and he doesn’t seem to be that bad a guy. Just really devoted to his job as a noble.
- It’s written in third person.
- The tone is a bit less ‘bubbly’ and a bit more ‘serious’ as a result, although it still boils down to a little girl(?) exploring the new world.
- Again, is a typical ‘reincarnated villainess’ story, that’s slightly atypical in that it isn’t a completely transfer of her previous life’s ego and memories, and more atypical in that it’s not 1st person.
Enough of her new self remains that she still feels the childish loneliness of being hated by her mother for example.
- Kind of looking forward to her interactions with the prince and their mutual friend.
- Looking forward to more of her interactions with her father. She starts off as a faker, but ends up really liking him. Apparently he’s her type now.
Why you might not want to translate it
- It’s yet another ‘reincarnated villainess’ story
- The whole ‘plant research’ thing feels a little random. I guess the author is just really into perfume and potpourri.
- It’s written in third person, and isn’t at all bubbly in its tone.
Possible difficulties in translating
- Simple 3rd person narration
TLDR; Mildly atypical reincarnated villainess story with a less hyperactive tone than many of its peers. The girl is really into perfumes and mints and stuff, and the setting was interesting enough that I wanted to learn more about her family and surroundings.