Guys, if there are any translation groups out there with more than one member, rei_hunter wants you to have a look at this:
To Yorai-kun, and all the other translators for Word Master.
You guys, its been really hard to keep up with all these blogs posting Word Master, and its even harder when 1 of those blogs lags behind.
So here’s an advice. If you’re working with more than 2 Translators, why not set-up a Google Drive for all of it?
All the raws are in seperate documents == chapters… and then add all the translator’s Gmails in.
So when someone lags behind, you can see their progress and other translators can help out.
What’s the plus side on this?
- You can see everyone’s progress (assuming you gave everyone chapter access)
- EVerything can be uniform, so you all follow one fucking format and not… NAME : RAWR and then “SPEECH” (Name) … seriously, wtf?
- A chat/message system in case 2 or more translators are actively translating/editing/proofreading.
- A Comment System for anything wrong or discussions about how to translate certain phrases.
- Private Settings so nobody else can see your work.
- 2 Main Modes of Editing, 1 is FULL EDITS and 2 is SUGGESTIVE EDITS. Suggestive edits appear as boxes on the side of the word.
- It basically looks like Word, but its online, everyone can work on it… like seriously.
- A FUCKING TERMINOLOGIES PAGE SO WE DONT GET SHIT LIKE CAMUS on ONE BLOG and KAMUI ON THE OTHER!
The downsides… i do not see so much, outside of maybe a medium requirement on RAM. It doesnt take that much bandwidth too.
But yeah, as a fellow translator, at least do something about your inconsistent releases…. I know you all have other novels to translate, but please at least keep it in process and not jumping chapters in releases. Google Drive will help you with that.
If you’ve got questions about GDrive and its operations… well why not visit us on our IRC channel and we can talk about it.
I may have left a few grammar mistakes in here… I was hurrying to type it out. :x